Meth user Parents charge with child neglect
Mother and father were taken into custody Friday morning and charged with child neglect after their three children died in an RV fire.
Stephanie and Chris Dunham’s three children, Crystal, Kailey and Christopher, were locked inside the RV and could not get out when space heaters caught the vehicle on fire, according to court documents.
Court documents said that Stephanie Dunham locked the kids inside “by closing a hasp on the outside of the exterior door… that prevented the children from exiting the vehicle.”
As officers placed Stephanie Dunham in the back of a patrol car, she shouted to news cameras, “I did not lock my children in an RV!”
Investigators said a space heater may have started the fire. The records showed the family had been living in the RV in the back yard of their Cell City home for about three months.
Chris Dunham walks silently to a police cruiser in custody.
Police said they found meth and drug paraphernalia, including four glass pipes, one copper pipe, a blue ceramic pipe, a set of scales, wire, rolling papers and a propane torch, inside the RV. Read more: KOCO